Ali’s romance with photography began in 1989 when his uncle gave him his first 35mm camera as a birthday present. At the age of 16, Ali began documenting one of the modern world’s most important events: The fall of the Berlin Wall. Witnessing this unique event filled with emotions, colors and cultural diversity shaped Ali’s photographic style. Since then, Ali has traveled the world in 30 countries and be homed in 6 of them, with the privilege of working in the United States, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Brasil, France, and the Philippines.
He currently resides and works as a professional photographer in Hong Kong, specializing in weddings, VIP events for international brands and portraiture. Ali has been very fortunate to have the support of the following mentors:
- Mr Henry Dallal, The portrait photographer of her Majesty the Queen of England
- Mr Ashraf Talaat, National Geographic
- Mr Massoud Hossaini, Pulitzer Prize Winner 2012
- Ms Nadine Markova, Photographer at Time, Newsweek, Life, Playboy and National Geographic
- Hollywood: Behind the scenes photographer for Oscar winners Shirley Maclaine and Christopher Plummer on the movie set of Elsa & Fred in New Orleans, including Oscar nominated director Michael Radford and Oscar winning producer Ed Saxon (Silence of the Lambs).
- Photographer for Dom Perignon and Krug
- Photographer for Moet Chandon’s ‘The Power of Film’ Gala with VIP guests Keanu Reeves, Uma Thurman, Fan Bingbing, Donnie Yen, Lisa S and Karen Mok
- Official photographer at the International Indian Film Academy(IIFA) Awards in Macau.
- Judge for the 2014 Egypt International Photo Contest