Ali G is a professional wedding, celebrity and product photographer in Hong Kong. His romance with photography began in 1989 when his uncle gave him a 35mm camera as a birthday present. At the age of 16, Ali began documenting one of the modern world’s most important events: The fall of the Berlin Wall. Witnessing this unique event filled with emotions, colors and cultural diversity shaped Ali’s photographic style. Since then, Ali has traveled the world in 30 countries and be homed in 6 of them, with the privilege of working in the United States, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Brasil, France, and the Philippines.
He currently resides and works as a professional photographer and social media instructor in Hong Kong, in between international travel assignments. His social media and photography workshop clientele include Lan Kwai Fong Group, Adobe, Holiday Inn, Sassy Media Group and the Hong Kong Golf & Tennis Academy, to name a few. Ali has been very fortunate to have the support of the following mentors:
- Mr Henry Dallal, The portrait photographer of her Majesty the Queen of England
- Mr Ashraf Talaat, National Geographic
- Mr Massoud Hossaini, Pulitzer Prize Winner 2012
- Ms Nadine Markova, Photographer at Time, Newsweek, Life, Playboy and National Geographic
- Published in The New York Times, Hello Magazine, Times of India, Vogue and so on.
- The New York Times Article
- Hollywood: Behind the scenes photographer for Oscar winners Shirley Maclaine and Christopher Plummer on the movie set of Elsa & Fred in New Orleans, including Oscar nominated director Michael Radford and Oscar winning producer Ed Saxon (Silence of the Lambs).
- Photographer at LVMH including Dom Perignon, Krug, Moet Chandon, Hennessy and Belvedere
- Featured artist in the 2020 Extraordinary Exhibition by Karen Leung Foundation in Hong Kong.
- Photographer for Moet Chandon’s ‘The Power of Film’ Gala with VIP guests Keanu Reeves, Uma Thurman, Fan Bingbing, Donnie Yen, Lisa S and Karen Mok
- Official photographer at the International Indian Film Academy(IIFA) Awards in Macau.
- Judge for the 2014 Egypt International Photo Contest